Apologetics and Defending your Faith
1:15-2:30pm in the Ambassador Room
The Apostle Peter exhorts us, “but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.”(1 Pet 3:15) These classes will be our effort to respond to this scriptural exhortation and equip us to talk about our faith in both a reasonable and respectful way with those who don’t share the same convictions. This class is also open to anyone who is seeking answers to these questions whether you are a believer, a skeptic, agnostic, or curious.
- What is Apologetics anyway?
- Why should we defend the faith?
This class in defending the faith is all about increasing your confidence as a Christian by exploring the reasons and evidences for the faith, and preparing yourself to be a more effective ambassador of Jesus Christ.
- Week 1: Introduction to Christian Apologetics: Why Defend My Faith?
- Week 2: Faith and Reason: What is Truth? Is it knowable? How Do I Know Christianity is True?
- Week 3: Evidence for God: Is God Real?
- Week 4: Fact of Fiction: Can I Trust My Bible?
- Week 5: Dead or Alive: Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?
Experiencing God, Knowing and Doing the Will of God
1:15-2:30pm in the Patio Room
From the editor: “God is inviting you to experience him in an intimate love relationship through which He reveals to you his will, his ways, and his work. Through the biblical principles in this course, God can teach you how to: know when he is speaking to you; recognize his activity around you; adjust your life to him and his ways; identify what he wants to do through you; respond to his activity in your life. When you recognize where God is working, you can join him in what he is doing. Then you will experience God doing through you what only he can do.”
Some of the upcoming sessions are:
- God’s will and your life
- How to look to God
- God Speaks; the Crisis of belief; Adjusting your life to God; Experiencing God through obedience, and more.