About University Bible Church (UBC)
University Bible Church is a non-denominational, evangelical Christian church seeking to make disciples for Jesus Christ in Westwood and West LA.
We are a friendly, multi-ethnic and multi-generational congregation, with people from many different backgrounds and walks of life. Some have been here for decades, others only a short time. Some are from UCLA and others even from USC.
The church itself has been on the corner of Wilshire & Malcolm for over 80 years, and was at one time the tallest building in Westwood!
Our core beliefs are found in the UBC Articles of Faith:
- We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God – the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- We believe in the sacrificial vicarious death of Jesus Christ on the cross, and that He thereby became a perfect substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- We believe in the literal, bodily, physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- We believe in the personal bodily, and physical return of Christ, which is the blessed hope of the Church.
- We believe that all men are sinful and in an eternally lost condition apart from the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that acceptance into the family of God and eternal salvation can only be secured by believing in and by faith accepting and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as personal sin-bearer and Savior.
What is our mission?
As a body of believers, part of the worldwide Body of Christ, we seek to obey the Great Commission that Jesus gave to His disciples, found in Matthew 28:18-20:
Then Jesus came to them and said, all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
We exist to spread the gospel, see people believe in Christ, and grow them spiritually to become mature disciples. We seek to love God, love one another, and love our community of Westwood and West LA.